Doug Briney promoted his “Unknown Soldier” donation campaign that benefited veteran charities in May 2014.
His song “Unknown Soldier” was written by Tedd French and Bob Dellaposta. It tells the story of the selfless men and women who have given their lives in service of their country.
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a monument dedicated to deceased U.S. service members whose remains have not been identified. It is guarded 24/7 by tomb guards. It stands on the top of a hill overlooking Washington DC.
A wreath is laid on the tomb at 11 A.M. on the 11th day of the 11th month.
After the Korean War, two were chosen from four new candidates in the National Cemetery of the Pacific in Honolulu. One from the European Theater and another from the Pacific.
In 1984, the final unknown soldier from the Vietnam War was laid to rest but the body was soon identified as that of Air Force 1st Lieutenant Michael Joseph Blassie. It was decided that the crypt containing the remains of the Vietnam Unknown will remain vacant.
Doug Briney began singing in church. He graduated from Pacific Coast Baptist Bible College as a Vocal Music Major in 1988. After graduating, he spent the next 23 years leading worship in churches and pastoring.
Doug relocated to Nashville, Tennessee in 2013 to further his career in music. His first full CD is entitled It’s All Country. He was very happy with the project and believed it will reach out and touch people.
His second project Super Country Cowboy was released on November 5, 2013. It is a reflection of who Doug is as a person.
Songs of Faith was released in May 2016. It reflects his roots as an ordained Minister.
Watch the tribute song here:
Doug Briney, Tomb of The Unknown Soldier, Unknown Soldiers
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?