Dixie Chicks is a band that was formed in 1989 in Dallas, Texas, and was originally composed of four women performing bluegrass and country music. They were busking and touring the bluegrass festival circuits and small venues for six years without attracting a major label until they first tasted success in country music.
Dixie Chick’s Success in Their Song
Who would have thought that this would be one of the Dixie Chicks’ best songs in their career? Wide Open Spaces is their fourth studio album and the major-label debut from the band the Dixie Chicks. It should also be noted that this is their first record with new lead vocalist Natalie Maines and became their breakthrough commercial success.
The song also received diamond status by the RIAA on February 20, 2003, in the United States, having shipped 14 million units worldwide, while spending more than six years in the Australian ARIA music charts Country Top 20. These are only some of the achievements that the song was able to gain and we just gotta love the song.
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes
Wide-eyed and grinning, she never tired
But now she won’t be coming back with the rest
If these are life’s lessons, she’ll take this test
Listen to the Dixie Chicks here:
Dixie Chicks, Wide Open Spaces
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?