Dixie Chicks is a band that was formed in 1989 in Dallas, Texas, and was originally composed of four women performing bluegrass and country music. They were busking and touring the bluegrass festival circuits and small venues for six years without attracting a major label until they first tasted success in country music.
Dixie Chick’s Success in Their Song
Who would have thought that this would be one of the Dixie Chicks’ best songs in their career? Wide Open Spaces is their fourth studio album and the major-label debut from the band the Dixie Chicks. It should also be noted that this is their first record with new lead vocalist Natalie Maines and became their breakthrough commercial success.
The song also received diamond status by the RIAA on February 20, 2003, in the United States, having shipped 14 million units worldwide, while spending more than six years in the Australian ARIA music charts Country Top 20. These are only some of the achievements that the song was able to gain and we just gotta love the song.
Room to make her big mistakes
She needs new faces
She knows the high stakes
Wide-eyed and grinning, she never tired
But now she won’t be coming back with the rest
If these are life’s lessons, she’ll take this test
Listen to the Dixie Chicks here:
Dixie Chicks, Wide Open Spaces
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012