Thomas Rhett’s “Marry Me” shows how painful it would be if you were ready to give a special girl her special day only to find out she is having that special day without you. This is one of the most romantically crafted Thomas Rhett songs with a painful twist.
The singer met his wife, Lauren Akins, when they were only in grade school. Although they did end up together in the end, they almost got married to other people!
Thomas Rhett tells people not to use this as a wedding song and reveals how it was morbid to write, but it just had to be done. In one of the saddest songs in the album, the singer reveals that it was a “what if” song if ever he didn’t end up with his wife.
He also said that if he didn’t find the courage to tell his wife how he felt about her, he would have been invited to her wedding, sit in the back, and probably get “trashed.” The song is an ode to the path he might have gone down on should he have not said anything.
The song stayed six long weeks on the Hot Country Songs chart starting February 17, 2018 and peaked at number 2. It has also reached No.1 on March 10, 2018 on the Country Airplay charts.
The song’s commercial success is an embodiment to how many people don’t really end up with the one they love. This is one of the saddest Thomas Rhett songs you’ll ever hear but thankfully.
Check out the music video for Thomas Rhett’s “Marry Me” where the singer pictures his life if he didn’t tell his wife how he felt.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012