The Mavericks is one of the most underrated bands in the country music industry. They may not be as big as the Alabama or Rascal Flatts, but their contribution to country music should be appreciated. They have made a few hits here but they have also made their mark at the UK charts with their track “Dance the Night Away.”
The Mavericks’ Third Studio Album What A Crying Shame
Their song “What a Crying Shame” was also used as the title of their third studio album. It was released back in February 1994 with songs like “O What a Thrill,” “Here Goes My Heart,” “I Should Have Been True,” and “All That Heaven Will Allow.” The album did well, selling a million copies, therefore it was platinum-certified by RIAA, and 2× platinum-certified by the CRIA.
The Mavericks worked with a lot of artists as their backing vocals in this album. Trisha Yearwood is one of the known artists who worked with them, while some deviated from the country music industry. The album has a total of 11 tracks.
Cause I believed in you
From the beginning
I thought our love was true
The song details how it feels like being left behind by your lover. The way that the Mavericks performed it did not have angst or anger towards the person. It was performed more with feelings of regret and sentiment of ‘you could have been happier with me.’ When loving someone, sometimes we get blinded by the good things.
We tend to fully trust our partner and this clouds our judgment about the truth. We might think that the relationship is working, but it’s really not. The track teaches us that not everything will go the way we want it to be and we must be prepared for all kinds of outcomes.
Listen to the Mavericks’ song here:
The Mavericks, What a Crying Shame
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012