The Mavericks is one of the most underrated bands in the country music industry. They may not be as big as the Alabama or Rascal Flatts, but their contribution to country music should be appreciated. They have made a few hits here but they have also made their mark at the UK charts with their track “Dance the Night Away.”
The Mavericks’ Third Studio Album What A Crying Shame
Their song “What a Crying Shame” was also used as the title of their third studio album. It was released back in February 1994 with songs like “O What a Thrill,” “Here Goes My Heart,” “I Should Have Been True,” and “All That Heaven Will Allow.” The album did well, selling a million copies, therefore it was platinum-certified by RIAA, and 2× platinum-certified by the CRIA.
The Mavericks worked with a lot of artists as their backing vocals in this album. Trisha Yearwood is one of the known artists who worked with them, while some deviated from the country music industry. The album has a total of 11 tracks.
Cause I believed in you
From the beginning
I thought our love was true
The song details how it feels like being left behind by your lover. The way that the Mavericks performed it did not have angst or anger towards the person. It was performed more with feelings of regret and sentiment of ‘you could have been happier with me.’ When loving someone, sometimes we get blinded by the good things.
We tend to fully trust our partner and this clouds our judgment about the truth. We might think that the relationship is working, but it’s really not. The track teaches us that not everything will go the way we want it to be and we must be prepared for all kinds of outcomes.
Listen to the Mavericks’ song here:
The Mavericks, What a Crying Shame
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?