Buckle up, folks! The 17th season of The Voice is going to be one epic ride with both Gwen Stefani and Taylor Swift coming back to the show!
Taylor Swift’s Return to The Voice
The superstar is going to be a key adviser for Season 17. She joins coaches Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Blake Shelton, and Gwen Stefani to mentor all of the artists and prepare them for the Knockout Rounds, which is slated to air in late October.
During the Knockout rounds, the artists are paired with a teammate and they are to select their own songs to perform individually. Swift will act as a second coach to provide feedback, suggestions, and have an overall preview of all of the performances.
Other mentors involved in The Voice season 17 include Normani for Team Kelly, Will.i.am for Team Gwen, Usher for Team Legend, and Darius Rucker for Team Blake.
Swift was previously Mega Mentor during season seven of The Voice. The 10-time Grammy winner also performed “ME!” during the season 16 finale.
Swift landed her sixth number 1 album on the Billboard 200 with her newest offering. It’s no other than her studio album Lover.
Lover was released on the 23rd of August and the record includes songs “ME!” featuring Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco, and the GLAAD-themed anthem “You Need to Calm Down,” of which has a music video with a star-studded cast and LGBTQ+ advocates such as Ellen DeGeneres, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, and Laverne Cox, among others.
Season 17 will be the first season without longtime coach Adam Levine. Levine abruptly left the show after 16 seasons in a surprise announcement. It was then later announced that Stefani, who has served as a coach before, was immediately named his replacement.
The Voice season 17 premieres Monday, Sept. 23 at 8 p.m. on NBC.
Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, taylor swift, the voice
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend