Rhonda Vincent was joined by Bill Gaither in a song about loving God and neighbors.
If we focus on the meaning of love for our neighbors, we will gain insight into the special nature of Christianity. Christianity is not just a series of doctrines but a way of life. We find and serve God by being a Christian. We see God and humanity through Jesus Christ because the love of God and the love of neighbor are inseparable.
“You Don’t Love God If You Don’t Love Your Neighbor” with Bill Gaither
In this funny video, Bill Gaither announced that Rhonda has asked him to sing bass with her. Mark Lowry was a skeptic and asked if Rhonda could not find one. The audience roared in laughter. Before starting the song, Rhonda said that it is a song that we can all learn from.
When they reached Bill’s part, it took him a while to prepare and when he belted out the lyrics, the audience was in awe. Bill is seen enjoying on the stage that he got distracted on his second part causing Lowry to say ” Bless him, Lord!” The song ended in a perfect blend.
“Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Vincent was born in Kirksville, Missouri, on July 13, 1962. A fifth-generation musician, Rhonda’s musical career started at age five when she sang gospel songs with her family’s band which was later known as the “Sally Mountain Show.”
Rhonda sang with the Grand Ole Opry’s Jim Ed Brown that led her a deal with Rebel Records. Her work caught the attention of James Stroud, who signed her to record two contemporary country albums.
Then she later signed with Rounder Records and played with her band called The Rage.
In 2000, Vincent won Female Vocalist of the Year Awards from the International Bluegrass Music Association. In 2001, she won the Entertainer of the Year Award. In 2011, Vincent released a collaboration album with Gene Watson titled Your Money and My Good Looks.
Watch the video here:
Bill Gaither, Rhonda Vincent, You Don't Love God If You Don't Love Your Neighbor
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012