The Gospel Music Association Dove Awards is an event that a lot of contemporary Christian singers are waiting for. This is their moment to be acknowledged for their contribution and efforts to the Christian music industry.
Since 1969, the awarding body has been acknowledging the accomplishments of successful Christian artists such as Sara Evans, Bill Gaither, Amy Grant, Jeremy Camp, Lauryn Hill, and many others. Today, we will find out who won the category for Song of the Year and Worship Song of the Year.
Dove Awards 2019: Song of the Year
The amazing thing about the Dove Awards is that they celebrate diversity in the music industry. They have categories for rock, pop, hip hop, country, and urban music and that leads us to the Single of the Year.
The category is won by Lauren Daigle for her song “You Say.” She was able to beat 10 other musicians, one who won the Worship Song of the Year. Lauren was helped by some of her colleagues in creating this beautiful track. The other writers are Jason Ingram and Paul Mabury. The track was produced under Fellow Ships Music, Flychild Publishing, and So Essential Tunes.
Check out the winner for Dove Awards: Song of the Year here:
Dove Awards 2019: Worship Song of the Year
For the Worship Song of the Year, the category was won by Ben Fielding & Reuben Morgan. There were four other nominees with their equally amazing song but “Who You Say I am” was hailed as the Worship Song of the Year. The track was produced under Hillsong Music Publishing.
“Who You Say I Am” is a track that talks about our given identity by the Lord. It reminds us that we are His child and we will be guided when we ask for His guidance.
Check out the winner for Dove Awards: Worship of the Year here:
dove awards 2019, Song of the Year, worship song of the year
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?