“Remind Me, Dear Lord” that you have a better plan for me. Help me to understand your will more than all the worries I have in mind. Dear Lord, have mercy on me for the wrong things I have done to myself, family, friends, country, and you. I have disappointed you multiple times, but Lord you still accept me as your child. Dear Lord, If I ever lost myself, help me go back into your arms because no one can love me more that you do.
“Remind Me, Dear Lord”
This is a heartfelt hymn was penned by Dottie Rambo. Not only did this song helped her strengthen her relationship with the Lord, but it also helped her achieve her dreams to be a singer and songwriter.
Rambo received a call from an unknown man John Benson who gave her an offer to be a writer and to sing with her family for him. Thus, Rambo and her family do not know anything about contracts. Somehow, they still wanted to meet Mr. Benson in person. While they were traveling, Rambo kept praying and asking the Lord for a sign if they will accept the offer.
The sign is if ever she sees a hundred dollars or thirteen cents written on the contract, then that is the sign that they must get the offer. Meanwhile, as they arrived at the area, Mr. Benson had given them the contract. She immediately looked for thirteen cents and then saw it. Without any questions asked, she immediately signed the contract.
After that scenario, Rambo then thanked the Lord for giving her the sign she had asked and for showering her with unending blessing in life.
Looking at the story of the song shows that the Lord sent so many blessings to Rambo’s life. Just like Rambo, we are just humans asking the Lord for blessings. Somehow, there were times that after having those things, we forget to thank the Lord. We must keep in mind that no matter how busy we are, we must allot some time to talk to the Lord and give Him thanks.
Alison Krauss and The Cox Family
In 1995, this album won a Grammy Award for Best Southern, Country or Bluegrass Gospel Album.
Alison Krauss, Dear Lord, Remind Me, The Cox Family
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance