Alison Krauss surely knows how to give an inspiring gospel song that will move us. “A Living Prayer” is one of Krauss’ best-known Bluegrass gospel songs. It was penned by Ron Block in 2004.
Ron Block is a member of the band Alison Krauss and Union Station. He plays the banjo and guitar. Occasionally, he sings and writes songs for the band.
Lonely Runs Both Ways
In 2004, Krauss and her band released their twelfth studio album Lonely Runs Both Ways. It contains fifteen original tracks recorded by the band. One song was co-written by Krauss, “This Sad Song.”
Awards for the Album and Songs
The band won three Grammy Awards in 2006. They have brought home the award for Best Country Album, Best Country Instrumental Performance, and Best Country Performance By a Duo or Group with Vocal.
Krauss’ single “A Living Prayer” won the GMA’s Bluegrass Record of the Year. It truly deserves to win because of the beautiful message of the song coupled with Krauss’ angelic voice.
“A Living Prayer” by Alison Krauss and Union Station
“A Living Prayer” serves to remind us that although we feel like we are alone in this world, God does exist to be with us. He becomes our comfort and our guide in life. We don’t have to fear anything as long as we have Him.
Aside from telling us that God is always here for us, the narrator wants us to live the way God wants us to be. Hence, he said at the end of the song,
Take my life and let me be
A living prayer my God to Thee
When we let God take control of our life, we become his lamp. We shine so that we can also help others too.
Here’s Alison Krauss and Union Station’s “A Living Prayer.”
Alison Krauss, Union Station
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend