If you are looking for a good duet song, then Reba McEntire and Kenny Chesney’s “Every Other Weekend” might be the one for you. Not only is it an exciting collaboration from two country superstars, but it is also a great song that delivers an important message.
Reba McEntire and Kenny Chesney’s Duet
The track was written by Skip Ewing and Connie Harrington. It was part of Reba McEntire‘s album Reba: Duets released back in 2007. This was a successful album from the singer as it peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 while also reaching No. 1 on the Top Country Albums Chart. Her collaborations with various country artists really helped in the success of her album. This was the 2nd album from Reba that was released in the 20th century.
Some of the versions that were played on the radio are the voices of Reba and Skip Ewing. Kenny became her official duet partner in the music video of the song which was well-received by the critics. It tells the story of the song nicely and it was played by Joanna García and Steve Howey, who was part of the hit TV show Reba.
We’re as close as we might ever be again
Every other weekend
The couple in the song may be divorced but the chance of them getting back together is high. The key to their problem might be their children as they share the same love towards them. Once you go back to the basics and have a common interest with someone, this can spark a dialogue that will lead to a mutual feeling with each other.
This track really highlights the importance of spending your time with your family. The two estranged couples are starting to feel that love again because of the times they spend with their children and that is just beautiful.
Listen to Reba McEntire’s duet with Kenny Chesney here:
Kenny Chesney, Reba McEntire
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble