If you think Trisha Yearwood’s “I Dare You To Love” sounds familiar, it’s because you’ve heard it before.
Celebrating a three-decade-long career, Yearwood is absolutely not showing signs of slowing down. In fact, the country superstar just dropped the deluxe version of her 2019 album, Every Girl – which was her first new country album in over a decade.
The deluxe album comes with three never-before-released tunes. This includes her cover of A Star is Born’s “Shallow” with her husband Garth Brooks, an acoustic rendition of her debut single “She’s in Love With the Boy,” and of course, the soaring piano-laden ballad “I Dare You to Love.”
The song is written by Jesse Shatkin and Gitty, Natalie Hemby, Laura Veltz, and Ben West, and it finds Yearwood pleading for everyone to choose love, to be more compassionate and understanding. It’s daring its listener to set aside any emotional wounds and rather be a positive influence to all those surrounding you.
It was originally released in 2020 by another country superstar, Kelly Clarkson, who described the song as daring someone to love rather than hate or fear – reminding everyone that, after all, we’re one human race. It was also released in multiple versions recorded in various languages as a duet, with the Hebrew version reaching No. 1 in Israel.
However, “I Dare You To Love” by Trisha Yearwood is more of a sulky ballad than Clarkson’s upbeat version featuring some dance beats. Yearwood admits that she wanted to record the song by the time she heard the demo – and now that she had the chance, there’s no way she’d miss it.
Listen to Trisha Yearwood’s new song by playing the “I Dare You To Love” music video below. You can tell it’s one of the most compelling among Trisha Yearwood songs after thirty years since her debut.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton