Country music has a very close relationship between faith and religion. Oftentimes, country artists express their revelations in life through their songs. Randy Houser believes that the Lord can be the answer to what we have been looking for in a long time.
Behind Houser’s Lyrics
Can’t go on like this and live like this
We can’t love like this
You can hope the best, make a wish, the only answer is
We give this world back to God
The heavenly tune immediately captured my ears. The vocals of Randy Houser is so powerful that the message of the song (to me) was delivered perfectly. “Back to God” helps you realize that turning to Him for guidance is always an option.
Houser, who also happened to be the songwriter, made sure that the message of the song is clear. There was a mention of things that you could possibly do but they will do you no good. A lot of people seem to think that they can handle their own problems on their own, and that is where they are wrong.
If there is one thing that I still remember from my younger years, that is, “Do your best and God will do the rest.”
Reba McEntire’s Version of the Song
“Back To God was my favorite song on Randy Houser’s first album. When that song would come on, I would sit there and listen to it and I said, ‘I’d love to record that someday.’ But he did such a good job, I thought, ‘Ew, I don’t think I could beat him on that!”
Reba was very happy with the result of her gospel album. She was looking for more songs to be included in her album, and Randy’s song is recently one of her favorite gospel tracks. This album was also timely since she felt that the world we live in right now needs some guidance from the Lord.
Watch Reba McEntire sing the song here!
Back to God, Randy Houser, Reba McEntire, songs about faith
- 10 Best David Allan Coe Songs
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Home Free’s “Friends In Low Places” Will Make You Want To Spend a Day In The Beach
- How George Strait’s “Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind” crossed the minds of millions
- Meet Kathie Lee Gifford’s Daughter That Dubiously Looks Like Her, Cassidy Gifford
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- 10 Facts About Harry Connick Jr.’s Wife, Jill Goodacre