Country music has a very close relationship between faith and religion. Oftentimes, country artists express their revelations in life through their songs. Randy Houser believes that the Lord can be the answer to what we have been looking for in a long time.
Behind Houser’s Lyrics
Can’t go on like this and live like this
We can’t love like this
You can hope the best, make a wish, the only answer is
We give this world back to God
The heavenly tune immediately captured my ears. The vocals of Randy Houser is so powerful that the message of the song (to me) was delivered perfectly. “Back to God” helps you realize that turning to Him for guidance is always an option.
Houser, who also happened to be the songwriter, made sure that the message of the song is clear. There was a mention of things that you could possibly do but they will do you no good. A lot of people seem to think that they can handle their own problems on their own, and that is where they are wrong.
If there is one thing that I still remember from my younger years, that is, “Do your best and God will do the rest.”
Reba McEntire’s Version of the Song
“Back To God was my favorite song on Randy Houser’s first album. When that song would come on, I would sit there and listen to it and I said, ‘I’d love to record that someday.’ But he did such a good job, I thought, ‘Ew, I don’t think I could beat him on that!”
Reba was very happy with the result of her gospel album. She was looking for more songs to be included in her album, and Randy’s song is recently one of her favorite gospel tracks. This album was also timely since she felt that the world we live in right now needs some guidance from the Lord.
Watch Reba McEntire sing the song here!
Back to God, Randy Houser, Reba McEntire, songs about faith
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes’ ‘Fancy Like’ Has Him A Little Baffled By Its Success
- Toby Keith and Wife Tricia Lucus: A Love Built On The Ground
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Norma Strait: Facts You Need to Know About George Strait’s Spouse
- 7 Westerns Directed By Clint Eastwood That You Should Watch
- Ernest Tubb’s Classic Single “Walking the Floor Over You”