One of Reba McEntire’s numerous number one hits, “I’m a Survivor” takes the cake for preaching about inner girl power. She sings about overcoming all the challenges that life throws at you. McEntire shows her support for all the fighters out there with her song.
While the song highlights the storyline of a premature baby and a single mom who tirelessly takes care of her, the song is also an anthem for every woman who is strong even when the times get tough.
The baby girl without a chance
A victim of the circumstance
The one who ought to give up
But she’s just too hard headed
A single mom who works two jobs
Who loves her kids and never stops
With gentle hands and a heart of a fighter
I’m a survivor
This song also became the theme song for McEntire’s show entitled Reba. It aired on the WB network from 2001 to 2007. She used the words “I’m a Survivor” as a way of showing support for all hard-working women out there.
Listen to the song below!
“It doesn’t make me very happy, because we’ve got some very talented women who are out there working their butts off so[…] I’m missing my girlfriends in this”
I’m a Survivor
The song is part of her third compilation album entitled Greatest Hits Volume III: I’m a survivor. It was released in 2001. It peaked at number 49 on the Billboard Hot 100, but it did a much better job at the Billboard Hot Country Songs, placing at number 3.
The song received positive reviews from music critics who felt that McEntire made the song her own. Multiple critics have raved about the song, and called it “a perfect song for this troubled time in this world.”
im a survivor, International Women's Day, Reba, Reba McEntire
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry