Obviously, Morgan Wallen and Florida Georgia Line’s “Up Down” is such an infectious country song that will stick in your head all through your journey and beyond! So, it was no longer a surprise when it reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Country Airplay while peaking at No. 5 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs.
Released in 2018 as the second single on Morgan Wallen‘s album If I Know Me, “Up Down” was written by one of Wallen’s close friends, Michael Hardy, along with CJ Solar and Nashville songwriter Rodney Clawson’s son, Brad Clawson.
Hardy revealed that he and his fellow co-writers wrote the song with the desire of creating a smash party anthem. However, they wrote the song intended for Wallen to sing solo, and the country singer quickly fell in love with it. But when Wallen reached out for the country music duo to ask for their opinion about the song, Florida Georgia Line opted to sing guest vocals on it.
Clearly, deciding to record the song with one of the hottest duos in country music was a piece of cake for Wallen, but the country singer revealed that singing a song with Tyler Hubbard and Brian Kelley that they could all relate to, made him even more excited.
Coming from Sneedville, Tennessee, no one knows better how to have a great time in a small town than Wallen. And he knows Hubbard and Kelley feel the same way! As expected, “Up Down” worked so well with the three men, to which Wallen expressed that the fact that they were only just having a fun time recording the song may be the biggest reason for them all.
Well, this goes to show that Morgan Wallen’s songs will endure the test of time!
You can listen to Morgan Wallen and Florida Georgia Line’s “Up Down” in the video below.
Florida Georgia Line, morgan wallen
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Alan Jackson’s New Album ‘Where Have You Gone’ Is Almost Here and We’re Excited!
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Meet The Sweet Lily Pearl Black, Clint Black’s Only Daughter
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!