Michael Ray performed one of his favorite singer’s gospel hits “He Walked on Water.” The up and coming singer states in the opening of the video that this song was played in his parent’s funeral service.
He has strong ties with the song. The Grand Ole Opry has this segment “Radio Replay” where country artists cover classic songs in their Youtube account.
Michael Ray felt the Chill
It is amazing to know that the singer got to perform the song even in front of his idol, Randy Travis. He said,
“I just really felt the chills of my grandfather (who passed away) and the meaning of this song is just one that has always touch my heart so im gonna play one a lil’ bit of it.”
On the video, the singer is seen sitting inside a studio-like area. He is playing only with his guitar, a proof that he does not need any recording tools to pay homage to his idol. All you need is your voice, a guitar, and your heartfelt passion for music.
Michael Ray as an Artist
The singer was born on April 29, 1988. He was inspired by his grandfather who played music and taught him how to play the guitar. Growing up, he knew what kind of music he would want to do.
The singer also had some other country music idols. He said in one of his interviews,
“The 90’s artists of Tracy Lawrence and Aaron Tipton, Mark Chesnutt, Garth and that whole movement were all my influences. For me, the biggest one was Gary Allen. He blended the 90’s sound with the traditional music of my grandfather’s music.”
We all know that the country legends from back then inspired the artists of today. Just like Michael, we hope that the newer generation of artists draws their inspiration from the traditional country style. The traditional country that has strong ties with faith. Country songs that will strengthen our connection to Jesus.
To listen to the cover, click here:
gospel song, he walked on water, michael ray, Randy Travis
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Remembering The “Gentle Giant” of Country Music: Don Williams