With themes centering on the simple pleasures of small-town life, “May We All” by Florida Georgia Line featuring Tim McGraw debuted at No. 27 and peaked at No. 2 on the Hot Country Songs chart.
The lyrics of the song were mostly written by Rodney Clawson, with Jamie Moore hopping on to help with the music. Florida Georgia Line and Tim McGraw then recorded the song, but did you know that it was originally meant for McGraw?
Clawson’s first choices for the song were Tim McGraw and Luke Bryan, but he didn’t get the chance to pitch it to them.
Clawson explains that although he didn’t write at the same company as Florida Georgia Line, he did write in the same building as the duo, so whatever song he turns in is usually given first consideration to Florida Georgia Line.
If the song is good for the country music duo, then it never leaves the building. But since Florida Georgia Line and McGraw are labelmates, the duo was comfortable enough in pitching the song to McGraw.
The country music superstar loved the song, being a small-town boy himself, and ended up singing the second verse and some of the chorus. Georgia Florida Line’s Bryan Kelley and Tyler Hubbard then join McGraw for the third verse.
According to Kelley, McGraw’s voice “brings so much life to the song,” and later described it as legendary.
Clawson and Moore drew on their childhoods as inspiration for the song. Clawson grew up in Texas Panhandle, in the small town of Gruver, while Moore spent his childhood in Florence/Muscle Shoals.
Clawson also affirmed that the song contains a lot of him and a lot of Jamie. “We both put a lot of our growing up in this song, so it’s pretty personal to both of us,” he added.
Listen to “May We All” by Florida Georgia Line below.
Florida Georgia Line, tim mcgraw
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- WATCH: A Father’s Final duet with his Daughter
- John Wayne’s Last Public Appearance is Nothing But Heartwarming
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Here’s How C.W. McCall’s “Convoy” Became A Trucker Protest Anthem
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend