With themes centering on the simple pleasures of small-town life, “May We All” by Florida Georgia Line featuring Tim McGraw debuted at No. 27 and peaked at No. 2 on the Hot Country Songs chart.
The lyrics of the song were mostly written by Rodney Clawson, with Jamie Moore hopping on to help with the music. Florida Georgia Line and Tim McGraw then recorded the song, but did you know that it was originally meant for McGraw?
Clawson’s first choices for the song were Tim McGraw and Luke Bryan, but he didn’t get the chance to pitch it to them.
Clawson explains that although he didn’t write at the same company as Florida Georgia Line, he did write in the same building as the duo, so whatever song he turns in is usually given first consideration to Florida Georgia Line.
If the song is good for the country music duo, then it never leaves the building. But since Florida Georgia Line and McGraw are labelmates, the duo was comfortable enough in pitching the song to McGraw.
The country music superstar loved the song, being a small-town boy himself, and ended up singing the second verse and some of the chorus. Georgia Florida Line’s Bryan Kelley and Tyler Hubbard then join McGraw for the third verse.
According to Kelley, McGraw’s voice “brings so much life to the song,” and later described it as legendary.
Clawson and Moore drew on their childhoods as inspiration for the song. Clawson grew up in Texas Panhandle, in the small town of Gruver, while Moore spent his childhood in Florence/Muscle Shoals.
Clawson also affirmed that the song contains a lot of him and a lot of Jamie. “We both put a lot of our growing up in this song, so it’s pretty personal to both of us,” he added.
Listen to “May We All” by Florida Georgia Line below.
Florida Georgia Line, tim mcgraw
- An Estate Fit for a King: Here’s an Exclusive Tour Around George Strait’s Texas Mansion
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Kevin Costner and wife Christine Baumgartner: The Ultimate Love
- Intriguing 11 Narvel Blackstock Facts to Know
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- Do You Remember Morgan Wallen’s ‘The Voice’ Audition Seven Years Ago?
- What Happened To Andy Griffith’s Children: Sam Griffith and Dixie Griffith