Country music legend, iconic actor and songwriter, Kris Kristofferson officially retired in 2020. It was announced in a press release on January 27, Wednesday.
Kris Kristofferson decided to let go of the limelight in 2020. His son, John, now oversees the business aspect of managing his father’s awesome song catalog. The 84-year old artist’s estate will be managed by Morris Higham Management (MHM).
Tamara Saviano, Kristofferson’s public representative and friend, will continue to work with the rest of the team for the singer’s special projects. Together, they will also celebrate the redefining career of the artist’s songwriting career. More importantly, they will run KK Records, the independent record label of the singer.
MHM President, Clint Higham, spoke about the legend’s artistry. He noted that Kristofferson is an “artist’s artist.” The singer-songwriter would have been a great fit for a version of a Mount Rushmore for singers.
Kristofferson’s songwriting prowess sparked post-college. As a Texas native, he was into playing college-level sports. Fast forward, he was then offered to teach English. However, he turned down the offer to hopefully start his songwriting career.
His big break turned out to be unconventional. He tried to get Johnny Cash’s attention by landing a helicopter in his front yard. Given his huge success in the industry, it’s safe to say that his technique worked out for him.
Cash recorded many of Kristofferson’s songs and “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down” was among the firsts. From here, the songwriter’s songs were recorded by Kenny Rogers and Ray Price, and many more.
His 50-year career gave him the chance to write some of the American music classics such as “For the Good times” and “Me and Bobby McGee.” Aside from these iconic songs, he was also notable in films such as A Star Is Born (1976).
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!