Things might be tough right now, but everyone can find a little comfort in Kenny Chesney’s “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright.” The famous song with Kenny Chesney and David Lee Murphy resonates through tough times, talking about how life has its ups and downs.
David Lee Murphy had a single No. 1 hit back in 1995 with “Dust on the Bottle” until June 18, 2018 when the song topped yet again. The unique collaboration is a mixture of “reggae rhymes with classic sing-along choruses along with a country-like loop.
Although the song received mixed reviews, its memorable lyrics and reassuring message have still been appreciated along with other Kenny Chesney songs. The song was still able to receive Gold certification by the RIAA, selling over 500,000 pieces.
A recognizable thing about the song is the electronic drums which is the first sound listeners will hear. Although some country fans disagreed with the use of electronics, others heard the song and thought of the direction as an experimental piece by the two esteemed country artists.
It’s quite rare for Kenny Chesney to change the melody or style of his songs; however, in this musical piece with David Lee Murphy, the country artist proved once again that he is willing to step out of the box. The interesting mix is something truly unexpected of the artist, and despite the mixed reviews, fans took this song as a display of how versatile the artist can be when he chooses.
Everything’s Gonna Be Alright by Kenny Chesney is the 29th No. 1 hit of the legendary country singer and was definitely not his last.
Listen to the interestingly versatile Kenny Chesney’s “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright” in the video down below.
David Lee Murphy, Kenny Chesney
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble