Keith Urban has been in the country music business for a while. He has been friends with some of country music’s biggest stars like Eric Church. The two have collaborated back then and they wish to continue working together. In this new version of “We Were,” both country singers showed why there are still one of the biggest country artists of today.
Eric Church’s Collaboration with Keith Urban
The track was written by Eric Church himself together with Ryan Tyndell and Jeff Hyde. The new rendition has virtually no changes except for the addition of Church’s version. With him writing the song, he knew how to perform it really well with the right emotions. The two have been working on their version for a while now and a lot of their fans were glad that they made a new version for the song.
Keith Urban has been really at it this year with his continuous tour and his recent Vegas residency. The country singer is also waiting for his next possible back-to-back win at the CMAs for Entertainer of the Year.
About the Song
The track is described by the singer as ‘something sweet in the bitter.’ The track reminisces the good times that the man in the song was trying to remember. It is a bit bitter because the man can’t seem to move on and only wants to cling on the past memories. Although this is a sweet gesture from the man and all that, the situation seemed hopeless because the person that he is singing to will possibly never come back again.
However, the song ended with the man still hoping that they will go back to the way they used to be. This track from Keith Urban uses nostalgia as its selling point, that is why people love it.
Listen to Keith Urban and Eric Church’s version here:
Eric church, keith urban, new version, we were
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait