The 16th version of The Voice kicked off on the 25th of February and the newest season is starting off with a bang.
There was one of the standout auditions that immediately wormed into Shelton’s heart. 18-year-old Hannah Kay from Magnolia, Texas grabbed everyone’s attention with a stunning cover of Loretta Lynn’s “Coal Miner’s Daughter.”
The Voice Audition
The teen confessed that she already had a coach in mind prior to her audition, claiming that she’s got a crush on Shelton since she was six. She also said that she dedicated her performance to a dear friend that she had lost.
“I met one friend who really let me notice how special I was, and the love that she gave me was unreal. We both liked doing music, and we used to say that we were gonna get famous together, but a year and a half ago, she passed away in a car accident.”
Watch the audition here!
Predictably, both Shelton and fellow coach Kelly Clarkson turned for the young artist who shared that she wanted to “bring classic country to my generation” because “it hits you right in the heart.”
Shelton had some sweet words to the young artist that arguably made her pick his team.
“I heard Kelly mention the old style, and it’s not really out there anymore. And the truth is, it is out there. It’s just not being celebrated. You can be the one. You can be the one that gets those kind of records back in the mainstream and have a huge career in country music. I think you’re incredible.”
“I was honored that Hannah Kay picked the song that means the most to me for her audition on TheVoice. Blake Shelton, take good care of her! Good luck, honey.”
Blake Shelton, coal miner's daughter, Kelly Clarkson, Loretta Lynn
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?