George Strait, the King of Country Music, never stops sharing his music no matter what. Even at the age of 67, he still has the voice that will swoon you away when you hear him sing. No one can really come close to Strait’s greatness in country music.
Strait proves that he is not stopping when he performed live at the Gruene Hall in New Braunfels, Texas, on the 16th of November. He performed one of his iconic songs “Troubadour.”
Here is George Strait singing with his distinctive voice.
Well, that is one heck of a performance from the King of Country Music! He surely still has it no matter how many years have gone by. Aside from still having his great voice, Strait also has a new album released earlier this year, Honky-tonk Time Machine, which received a lot of positive reviews.
The Beginnings of “Troubadour”
“Troubadour” is a song Strait popularized in 2008. When the song was released by Strait’s team as a single, it was able to enter the Billboard chart. However, despite it having loved by a lot of his fans the song was only able to place at number seven on the chart. This should have been another number one song for Strait.
He was also nominated for Best Male Country Vocal Performance in 2009 during the Grammy awards, however, the award was taken home by Brad Paisley for his song “Letters to Me.”
It is a story of an old/ grown man who reflects on his younger life. Despite the years gone by, he still feels like a young troubadour going on doing what he truly loves.
I was a young troubadour,
When I rode in on a song.
And I’ll be an old troubadour,
When I’m gone.
The wonderfully put together words were written by songwriters Leslie Satcher and Monty Holmes.
Here’s the original music video of the song.
George Strait, Troubadour
- 10 Facts About Tom Selleck’s Wife, Jillie Mack
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Randy Travis Updates His Fans Amidst The Pandemic and Social Distancing
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- 10 Best Rascal Flatts Songs