The world may not be ready for the time when Dolly Parton finally decides to retire. The country legend has been in the show business for more than 50 years. Her career took off back in 1967 and she has been performing non-stop.
The singer has written thousands of songs and has made countless hits in the span of her career. In an interview with CBS Sunday morning, the “R” word was brought up to the singer and she responded with what is expected from someone like Dolly Parton.
Dolly Parton Talks About Her Music and Retiring
The interviewer started with jamming with the singer’s classic hit “9 to 5.” The interviewer brought up the fact that Dolly is a workhorse who does her job 24/7. Even with more than half a century of making music, the glitzy, glamourous country queen is still at it. She said that music is her therapy and she loves creating music. When the singer is with her guitar, she calls it the ‘God zone’ because of how at peace she feels.
When people ask why the singer is not yet retiring, she just tells them that she does not have anything to do besides music. Retiring is far off her mind and she plans to do it for the rest of her life. The interviewer jokingly said that Dolly has enough money that she doesn’t need to work anymore. Dolly responded with some words of wisdom:
“I always count my blessings more than I count my money. I don’t work for money, never did. It was the art, it was the job. I love the work. And I’ve done well and I’m thankful for it.”
What is Next for Her?
Dolly Parton runs an organization that helps children get their education. She still plans on creating music for her fans and for herself. The singer also teased us a bit about a probable sequel to her “9 t0 5” movie. The future looks bright for Dolly and she plans to continue her career because she has the strength for it.
Watch the full interview here:
Dolly Parton, retirement plan
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce