An emotional Dolly Parton once again joined Kenny Rogers on the stage last Wednesday for Rogers’ farewell concert. It is a night of nostalgia as it featured guests singing and paying their tribute to The Gambler but the highly anticipated event was the return of Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers in one stage that marked their first appearance after 12 years with Parton being aged 71 and Rogers, 79, you can definitely say that it is a history made once again in the iconic place of Nashville, Tennessee. As reuniting friends, Parton and Rogers could not help but gush with the stories they both shared professionally and personally in their decades of career being artists who sing the same genre. With what could be a fitting song for the event, Parton managed to still surprise Rogers with Parton singing one of her monster hits, ‘I Will Always Love You.’
Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, All in for The Gambler
Promised to become an emotional night, Kenny Rogers spoke about working with Dolly Parton and having that cemented 30-year friendship that both built. Rogers said:
“Working with Dolly is always emotional because we have so much history together,” he explained on their 30-year friendship. “Dolly is an old and dear friend. You either have old friends or you don’t and I have always had a friend in Dolly. We have always supported each other and have mutual respect.
“Dolly is an old and dear friend,” confides Kenny, 78, who reveals the pair will perform their duets, including “Islands in the Stream” and “You Can’t Make Old Friends,” during All In for the Gambler: Kenny Rogers’ Farewell Concert Celebration, taking place in Nashville on Oct. 25. “You either have old friends or you don’t,” he notes, “and I have always had a friend in Dolly. We have always supported each other and have mutual respect.”
Finally, the two did not disappoint as they also sang ‘Islands in the Stream.’ Watch the whole clip here:
concerts, Dolly Parton, kenny rogers, The Gambler
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More