Conway Twitty gives us a twist with his classic song “Happy Birthday Darlin‘.”
Harold Lloyd Jenkins professionally known as Conway Twitty was one of the popular country music singers in the ’50s. He achieved great success in the Rock and Roll, R&B, and pop genres. He then received multiple awards with one of the biggest stars in Country music, Loretta Lynn. During her musical career, he has been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, and the Rockabilly Hall of Fame.
In addition, he has received multiple major awards and honors all throughout his career. His best-known songs are “Hello Darlin’,” “After the Fire is Gone,” “Lead Me On,” “Louisiana Woman, Mississippi Man,” “As Soon As I Hang Up the Phone,” “I Can’t Love You Enough,” and “Happy Birthday Darlin’.” Today, let us look back at one of his greatest hits in the ’70s entitled “Happy Birthday Darlin’.”
Conway Twitty’s Classic “Happy Birthday Darlin'”
A world-winning country star, Conway Twitty popularized this classic hit “Happy Birthday Darlin'” back in the ’70s. This track was penned by Chuck Howard and it was released on October 1979 as a single from Twitty’s album, Cross Winds.
“Happy Birthday Darlin‘” was Conway Twitty’s 23rd number 1 single that entered into the country charts. Upon its release, the song entered into country charts and stayed at number 1 on the chart for 3 weeks.
But I hope I’ll make you happy with everything I take.
By spending more time with you
And I’d like to take away some of those so, so kisses
And replace them with ones that really say, I love you.
Listen to Conway Twitty’s “Happy Birthday Darlin'” here:
classic hit, conway twitty, Happy Birthday Darlin'
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance