Hallelujah: Points to Ponder and Reflect on
It’s very well safe to say that I am a music fan. And I’ve dabbled into a lot of genres, artists, music theories – you name it. But one of the songs that I’ve kept, dare I say, too close to my heart is “Hallelujah” by wordsmith Leonard Cohen.
There’s just something about this song that makes me look back and think about the way I handle things in my life. It’s just raw and very unassuming about the burdens and the struggles of the singer and I relate to that very much.
I am in no way perfect in my praises with our Lord or in that faith in that regard – but it’s there. And, this song reminds me of it. It just resonates with me, how even if there’s the broken type Hallelujah too for the people out there who struggle but is trying their best.
After all, Corinthians would remind us to not lose heart.
Choir! Choir! Choir!
It’s simple, really. The two organizers of “Choir! Choir! Choir!” post a date and a time, and the people just come. You get a lyrics sheet by the door. Once the crowd settles, the duo would then teach you the arrangement of the song and would record the performance afterwards.
“Hallelujah” is one of their most famous videos, garnering about 7 million views on Youtube. And who could doubt the numbers? The rendition is absolutely tear-jerking. When you watch the video, you could clearly feel the energy in the room, and even if the song sings about a different type of Hallelujah, the intentions you feel are pure and undoubtedly, towards praising our Lord.
Listen to the tear-jerking rendition below:
What did you think of the song? Comment down below to tell us more! Keep being country daily by visiting us at Country Thang Daily!
choir, Choir! Choir! Choir!, Cohen, gospel, Hallelujah, Leonard Cohen
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce