We can’t get enough of how great Charley Pride is along with the music he released. His groundbreaking voice is surely sent from heaven, and we are lucky enough to experience his greatness as an artist.
“Kaw-Liga:” First Hank Williams Cover
Charley Pride seems to be a big fan of Hank Williams. His fondness of covering Williams’ songs is one proof. Some artists who try to cover their favorite artist’s singles fail to release a greater version or as equally great as their idol’s. However, when Pride covered Williams’ “Kaw-Liga,” it was as outstanding as the original version.
“Kaw-Liga” was his first song to reach number one on the Canadian Country chart. In addition, this was his first song to cross over the pop chart.
Charley Pride’s Tribute Album, There’s a Little Bit of Hank in Me
In 1980, Pride released his album There’s a Little Bit of Hank in Me under his record label RCA Nashville. He covered eleven songs of Williams for his album and the title track of the album was an original recording of his. “There’s a Little Bit of Hank in Me” was penned by John Schweers.
It took him six years before he achieved another number one album on the country chart. Pride’s twenty-fifth studio album was his ninth number one album on the chart. He received mixed reviews from critics for his album, but his fans surely loved this album of Pride, as always. There’s nothing more amazing than listening to an artist honoring a legend.
Pride’s album was gold-certified by the Canadian Recording Industry.
Pride released two singles from his album (“Honky Tonk Blues” and “You Win Again”). Both songs placed at number one on the Billboard country chart. Furthermore, both were also able to secure a high spot on the Canadian Country chart.
Here are the songs in Charley Pride’s album.
1. “There’s a Little Bit of Hank in Me”
2. “My Son Calls Another Man Daddy”
3. “Moanin’ the Blues”
4. “A Mansion on the Hill”
5. “Mind Your Own Business”
6. “I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still in Love with You)”
7. “Honky Tonk Blues”
8. “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry”
9. “Low Down Blues”
10. “I Could Never Be Ashamed of You”
11. “Why Don’t You Love Me”
12. “You Win Again”
Charley Pride, hank williams, There's a Little Bit of Hank in Me
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life