Festivities at the 2019 Americana Honors & Awards
The festivities will surely be jam-packed with superstar power as legends and talents alike will take the stage to perform and to be honored. The Americana Honors & Awards will be taped for an Austin City Limits special scheduled to air on PBS on the 23rd of November.
Carlile, Giddens, Kacey Musgraves, and Staples are up for Artist of the Year. To the Sunset (Amanda Shires), The Tree (Lori McKenna), The Tree of Forgiveness (John Prine), and Walk Through Fire (Yola) compete for Album of the Year.
In addition to the nominations in the show’s award categories, Giddens will also receive the Inaugural Legacy of Americana Award that is presented by a new partnership between the AMA and the National Museum of African American Music.
The award is intended to celebrate Giddens’ continuous innovation in music as well as her intuitive and sharp appreciation of its history. Trailblazer folk musician and composer Frank Johnson will be honored alongside her.
2019 Americana Honors & Awards Nominees
Album of the Year
To the Sunset, Amanda Shires
The Tree, Lori McKenna
The Tree of Forgiveness, John Prine
Walk Through Fire, Yola
Artist of the Year
Song of the Year
“By Degrees,” Mark Erelli, Rosanne Cash, Sheryl Crow, Lori McKenna, Anais Mitchell, Josh Ritter (written by Erelli)
“Mockingbird,” Ruston Kelly (written by Kelly)
“People Get Old,” Lori McKenna (written by McKenna)
“Summer’s End,” John Prine (written by Prine and Pat McLaughlin)
Duo / Group of the Year
I’m With Her
Our Native Daughters
Tedeschi Trucks Band
The War and Treaty
Instrumentalist of the Year
Emerging Artist of the Year
The War and Treaty
Brandi Carlile, John Prine, Mavis Staples, Rhiannon Giddens
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage