Johnny Cash is a known music legend because of his major influence on the country music world. The country legend made countless songs that inspired his fans. Some of his masterful hits are “Ring of Fire,” “Ragged Old Flag,” “Folsom Prison Blues,” and “A Boy Named Sue.”
Johnny Cash’s Legacy
Johnny Cash’s legacy surmounted all of the controversies he had in his career. He amassed popularity even outside of country music because of his great songs that are palatable for non-country music fans. Over his lifetime, he had achieved success more than any of his peers. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall Of Fame, Country Music Hall Of Fame, and the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
Johnny also had a show that ran from 1969 to 1971 called The Johnny Cash Show on ABC TV. His life was turned into movies several times and the most notable one was from Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon’s 2005 film Walk The Line. This movie was also the reason why Reese got her first Oscars award for Best Leading Actress. All in all, Johnny Cash’s life had its ups and downs but his legacy on country music and music, in general, will always be remembered.
The Man in Black
When this Cash song came out, he was immediately dubbed as the Man in Black. The country legend is known to be an outlaw musician and this protest song was expected from him. A lot of his fans appreciated the song since it highlights the unfair treatment of society to poor people. He knows what it was like to be poor since he experienced it first hand.
This was a song for the mass and this was what got him to the level of fame he has now. Even after his death, he is still revered by country fans and non-country fans because of his contribution to music.
Listen to the Man in Black here:
country music legacy, Death Anniversary, Johnny Cash
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend