Yola is a British singer who is praised right now for her different take on country music. In fact, she is dubbed by some major organizations as “The Queen of Country Soul.” Yola can play the guitar and has an amazing voice, perfect for country and soul.
When you check her out, make sure to listen to her hits such as “Ride out in the Country,” “It ain’t Easier,” and “Lonely the Night.”
Yola’s Rise to Fame
Yola Carter rose to fame with her soulful voice and because she is one of the few British singers who made it to country music. She grew up in a poor family just like some of the country artists that we love like Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, and Merle Haggard.
She started as a vocalist for a band called Phantom Limb and they have released their first album back in 2010. This, however, did not pan out for the singer, so she continued with her solo act, performing as backing vocals to some musicians in her area. She first had her big break when she released her EP album called Orphan Offering back in 2016.
Her success in her EP album led her to record her debut album Walk Through Fire. The album was inspired by real experience wherein her home was destroyed by a fire. It also talked about an abusive relationship that she had walk away from. The album was received well by critiques where they said:
“The album is an introduction to a seasoned, major vocalist that stands to be remembered as a breakthrough.”
“It’s the work of an artist sure to stun audiences for years to come.”
“An extraordinary record, one designed to be part of a grand musical tradition, and it contains enough emotion and imagination to earn its place within that lineage.”
Listen to one of her songs here:
british country artist, queen of country soul, yola
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend