This story would definitely touch your hearts! In an amazing story of love in the midst of war and the grasp for hope, a war veteran reunites with his long lost lover after decades of being apart.
The Story of Kara and Jeannine
In 1944, the world was at war. Our soldiers were deployed across the world in order to help the cause for the good. One of the soldiers was Kara Troy Robbins, 24 years old.
Robbins was based in the United States Army in France when he met and fell in love with a beautiful French girl, 18-year-old Jeannine Pierson. Robbins and Pierson fell madly in love. The language barrier didn’t matter, the whirlwind romance between the youngsters were just as romantic as it was brief.
Soon, Robbins had to go back to the United States, leaving a heartbroken Pierson behind. In an interview, she expressed that she wished Robbins had not gone back to America and just stayed with her. When WWII ended, she even tried to learn the basics of the English language, holding onto hope that Robbins would return to France, to her but he never did.
They eventually lost touch over the years.
Robbins, now a retired veteran of the war, ended up marrying another woman during his stay in America. Pierson also married another man in France but Robbins had never forgotten about Pierson. In fact, he still carried with him an old faded black-and-white photo of her for decades.
A Veteran with a Mission
He had hoped to see her, though there was a sliver of a chance that he may have outlived her. Still, in June of 2019 when Robbins returned to France to celebrate the 75th anniversary of D-Day, he asked a group of journalists if they would be willing to help him try to find his first love.
Armed with only a name, a black and white photo, and the hope that she was still alive, they searched. To Robbins’ surprise and delight, the journalists delivered. In a heartwarming clip, the pair reunite after 75 years.
Couples, Love, Veterans, War Veteran
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?