The Army Veteran and Country Singer/Songwriter Matt Williams is back with his brand new single! ‘Rain Down Sunshine’ is an upbeat song that will surely capture you.
Rain Down Sunshine
The song highlights the raw and deep voice of Williams backed with an upbeat track perfect for springtime. Williams is currently on tour to support the single. ‘Rain Down Sunshine’ is the first single to come out of the album that will be released in May.
There is a pre-saved campaign on Spotify. It allows you to save this awesome track onto your playlist as soon as it is released. The track will drop on the 26th of April, so stay tuned! Click here to get ‘Rain Down Sunshine’ pre-saved!
Matt Williams doesn’t fit in the usual country artist mold. Behind that musician exterior lies a background that separates him from most artists in the entertainment business now.
Williams is a proud Army Veteran who served for more than 8 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, during his last tour, he was wounded by an IED, where he lost two of his best friends and was awarded a Purple Heart for the unfortunate incident.
The West Michigan singer was also awarded an Army Commendation Medal of Valor and left the Army as an E/6 Staff Sergeant. This makes him a totally unique and incredible person who has many accomplishments in his lifetime. And, he continues to his music career with both fervor and passion.
In an interview back in 2016, he expressed that Williams had found healing power in the music that he does and he can express himself through music.
“Music to me tells a story. My whole purpose is to tell a story and let the fans relate to it. The more truthful and honest you are about your life — no matter what it is, good or bad — the fans relate to it, they love it and in turn, they like who you are as an artist.”
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Jonathan Jackson’s “Unchained Melody” Soulful Rendition Will Send Chills Down Your Spine
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World