The album is finally coming out! The army veteran and country singer/songwriter Matt Williams is releasing his sophomore album Taking Chances.
Taking Chances is expected to have 13 tracks, which would include the latest single “Rain Down Sunshine.” The tracks that are on the album include “Sledgehammer,” “Too Used,” and “Want to Be a Star.”
“Rain Down Sunshine”
The song highlights the raw and deep voice of Williams, backed with an upbeat track perfect for springtime. Williams is currently on tour to support the single. “Rain Down Sunshine” is the first single to come out of the album that will be released this 4th of July.
Currently, “Rain Down Sunshine” is at the AC Top 40 Charts and it continues to climb the chart as more people appreciate it.
Matt Williams: The Army Veteran
Williams is a proud Army Veteran who served for more than 8 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, during his last tour, he was wounded by an IED, where he lost two of his best friends and was awarded a Purple Heart for the unfortunate incident.
Back at home however, he found that the battle wasn’t over for him just yet. He had found that he was battling Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and depression. The only way to process his emotions was through music.
In an interview back in 2016, he expressed that he had found healing power in the music that he does and he can express himself through music.
“Music to me tells a story. My whole purpose is to tell a story and let the fans relate to it. The more truthful and honest you are about your life — no matter what it is, good or bad — the fans relate to it, they love it and in turn, they like who you are as an artist.”
Matt Williams, Rain Down Sunshine, Taking Chances
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012