Vern Gosdin‘s “Chiseled in Stone” is perhaps one of his most important songs in the entirety of his career. The track talks about valuing someone while they are still alive because we do not know what will happen now or tomorrow.
Life is a constant change of events and the people we are with will not always be with us. Chiseled in Stone is in reference to the gravestone that we are going to have after we die. The story of the song teaches us to value the people around us while they are still alive.
Vern Gosdin, The Voice
Vern Gosdin is often called The Voice. Maybe it speaks about how he is mostly known for, a heavenly voice that evokes so much emotion in his songs. Just like this track, “Chiseled in Stone,” which depicts a problematic couple who is having a hard time finding peace with each other. It was only when an old man approached the sorrowful junior that he realized their mistakes.
The song was well loved by the public and the CMA awarding body. The important message of the Vern Gosdin-track made it relatable to the general public. Up to this day, the song’s message is still relevant and helpful for those who are going through something.
And you don’t know about sadness
Till you’ve faced life alone
You don’t know about lonely
Till it’s chiseled in stone
This lines above speak volumes. Sometimes, we tend to magnify our sorrows and problems in life without really trying to solve it. Great communication is the key to any problem because it leads to understanding and compassion. However, can you have a proper conversation when the other person is already dead?
The song teaches us to treasure each moment that we have with our loved ones. Don’t let the fight (no matter how big or small it is) dictate our lives because the saddest thing that can happen to us is when the other person is not there to listen to us anymore.
Listen to the Vern Gosdin song here:
CHISELED IN STONE, songs about death, vern gosdin
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet