The Top 40 country songs for May 2022 are still dominated by today’s hottest country stars, artists you barely have heard of ten years ago. There’s Morgan Wallen, Walker Hayes, Thomas Rhett, and of course, Cody Johnson – who’s consecutively dominated the top spot.
Even more incredible is the emergence of brand-new artists! One glance at this list, and you’ll see that the competition to stand out got a little steeper this year, with Zach Bryan, Avery Anna, and Breland showing off undeniable talent, shouting superstar in the making.
RELATED: Top 100 Country Songs Chart – 2022
So, keep on scrolling below to see the hottest songs this month.
1. ‘Til You Can’t by Cody Johnson
Johnson truly knows the power of a good song! This sweet ballad about dedication and the little things that matter the most quickly became a massive hit. And the country star is hoping the song will inspire the younger generation.
2. Doin’ This by Luke Combs
When Combs was asked, “What would you do if you weren’t doin’ this?” He answered the question through a song, showing that making music was always his end goal. This is his ode to his passion for music.
3. Wasted On You by Morgan Wallen
The heartbreak ballad where Wallen reflects on how he can’t get over his old flame impacted the country radio airwaves in a big way. After all, the song’s theme of turning to a bottle of bourbon to lessen the pain is quite relatable.
4. AA by Walker Hayes
The viral country hitmaker is no longer singing about dining out. Instead, he gets more personal in “AA” – singing about the day-to-day life in the south, like insecurities, parental anxieties, and his struggles with sobriety.
5. Trouble With A Heartbreak by Jason Aldean
This catchy track finds Aldean navigating the pain and sorrow after the end of a relationship. In addition to this brand-new track, the country star has also shared the music video for the song, which follows a heartbroken cowboy.
6. Never Say Never by Cole Swindell/Lainey Wilson
In this song, Wilson joins Swindell to sing about a challenging relationship – the kind where you know it’s not good for you, but you can’t help but just go back. It’s undoubtedly something a lot could relate to.
7. Don’t Think Jesus by Morgan Wallen
After months of anticipation, Wallen has officially released his deeply personal new song. And it made a record-breaking debut, ranking atop the chart. This makes Wallen the first artist to score three No.1 debuts on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
8. Fancy Like by Walker Hayes
It’s not yet half of the year, but this ode to low-key date nights seems like going to be the Song of the Year! Now, Hayes is riding the wave of his unescapable crossover hit – that took last summer by storm leading to a Grammy nomination.
9. Beers On Me by Dierks Bentley, Breland, and HARDY
Dierks Bentley has enlisted the help of singers Hardy and Breland for a laid-back barroom singalong set to an easygoing tempo. Truly, friends’ generosity can make the week’s troubles melt away.
10. Buy Dirt by Jordan Davis featuring Luke Bryan
When the entire world turned upside down from the global pandemic we never saw coming, Davis slowed down and found joy on the piece of dirt where he lives.
11. Something In The Orange by Zach Bryan
For those listeners who do not know Bryan’s name yet, they will! The Billboard’s No. 1 Emerging Artist is now quickly becoming one of the top acts in the country – thanks to his single about madly falling in love, “Something in the Orange.”
12. If I Was A Cowboy by Miranda Lambert
This is Lambert’s first solo single in two years, and you can tell it’s worth the wait! The song is actually a tribute to all things wild and western.
13. Tomorrow Me by Luke Combs
The country superstar shows his matured side as he refuses to keep an on-again, off-again relationship burning for one more night. His brain knows letting go is better for his future.
14. Slow Down Summer by Thomas Rhett
Rhett gave us a glimpse of how he has lived, looking back to his days as a youngster and the inescapable goodbye that came at the end of a short but sweet summer romance.
15. Never Wanted To Be That Girl by Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde
This confessional story song is something we didn’t see coming from these two female country artists. Indeed, they served enough twang when they discovered they were both in a committed relationship with the same man.
Here Are Some More Hits To Complete The Top 40 Country Songs for April 2022
- Flower Shops by ERNEST featuring Morgan Wallen
- Give Heaven Some Hell by HARDY
- Take My Name by Parmalee
- Circles Around This Town by Maren Morris
- Damn Strait by Scotty McCreery
- She Likes It by Russel Dickerson and Jake Scott
- Leave You Alone by Kane Brown
- Fall In Love by Bailey Zimmerman
- Praise The Lord by Breland featuring Thomas Rhett
- 7500 OBO by Tim McGraw
- Wild Hearts by Keith Urban
- Ghost Story by Carrie Underwood
- Dear Alcohol by Dax
- Last Night Lonely by Jon Pardi
- Truth About You by Mitchell Tenpenny
- Wishful Drinking by Ingrid Andress with Sam Hunt
- From Austin by Zach Bryan
- Best Thing Since Backroads by Jake Owen
- Pick Me Up by Gabby Barrett
- Narcissist by Avery Anna
- New Truck by Dylan Scott
- Joy Of My Life by Chris Stapleton
- Heartfirst by Kelsea Ballerini
- Son Of A Sinner by Jelly Roll
- Wild As Her by Corey Kent
So, is your favorite track included in the list?
Ashley McBryde, Breland, Carly Pearce, cody johnson, Cole Swindell, Dierks Bentley, HARDY, Jason Aldean, Jordan Davis, Lainey Wilson, Luke Bryan, Luke Combs, Miranda Lambert, morgan wallen, thomas rhett, Walker Hayes, Zach Bryan