The Booth Brothers is a Southern gospel trio who are amazing at what they do. The group’s three members are Michael Booth (Tenor), Ronnie Booth (Lead), and Paul Lancaster (Baritone).
The group was initially formed by Michael’s father with his brothers. They started back in the ’50s and got disbanded a couple of times until their children were the ones who reformed it.
The Booth Brothers Sing a Hank Williams Song
Their style of music fits perfectly with the song. Their harmonization was on point and it was able to bring out the pain that the track entails. While performing, the audience was captivated with how the Booth Brothers were performing it. Being a southern gospel group, they definitely knew how to make a performance special.
The best thing about it was how simply they sang the track. They simply relied on their beautiful vocals and how they blend it with each other. They made sure that they gave justice to a Hank Williams song and we, as the audience, love it.
Hank Williams’ Classic Hit
Along with his hits “Baby We’re Really in Love,” “They’ll Never Take Her Love Away From Me,” and “My Love For You (Has Turned To Hate),” this is one of Hank Williams’ sad songs. The singer drew a lot of inspiration from a heart-broken place due to his rocky relationship with his wife.
The song was originally a spoken word piece that he planned to record with an alter ego. But, his friends convinced him otherwise to turn it into the song that we all know and love today. Since the song was originally written as a spoken word piece, you can feel the imagery in the song. This just highlighted Hank Williams’ artistry and brilliance in songwriting. In fact, he only recorded 66 songs in his short career and 37 of them were a hit.
Watch the Booth Brothers’ performance here:
hank williams, I'm so Lonesome I could Cry, The Booth Brothers
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend