While there’s no such thing as a perfect mother, they are the best in the world. They are our best mentors, role models, and the most incredible friends we could ever ask for. Above all things, their love is similar to nothing else on the planet – and The Band Perry’s “Mother Like Mine” captured that perspective perfectly.
Even though the band didn’t release this heartfelt ballad as a single to country radio, it became one of the favorites among The Band Perry songs that appeared on the group’s 2013 studio album, Pioneer. It’s actually the only song in the album that they wrote without any outside writers.
Story Behind The Song
The country trio, comprised of Kimberly, Reid, and Neil Perry siblings, is obviously a tight-knit group. And the woman who rules the roost is no other than their mother, Marie – who obviously inspired “Mother Like Mine.”
“That was the most honest song we wrote for Pioneer,” Kimberly Perry said about the song, which comes with sentimental lyrics that include anybody who believes that their mother makes the world a better place.
It came to the trio while they were going through some song ideas, and then Neil shared to them a line he wrote on his phone. It said, “If the world had a mother like mine.”
This made the group think about what the world would be like if only it was raised like how their mother raised them. Perhaps the wars would all be over, and we’d all be walking on grass that’s greener, don’t you think?
“Our mother is our personal hero. We are her labor of love. It’s our honor to our mother on Pioneer,” Kimberly added.
Surely, Mama Perry is the real deal. Make sure to listen to “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry in the video below.
The Band Perry
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend