While there’s no such thing as a perfect mother, they are the best in the world. They are our best mentors, role models, and the most incredible friends we could ever ask for. Above all things, their love is similar to nothing else on the planet – and The Band Perry’s “Mother Like Mine” captured that perspective perfectly.
Even though the band didn’t release this heartfelt ballad as a single to country radio, it became one of the favorites among The Band Perry songs that appeared on the group’s 2013 studio album, Pioneer. It’s actually the only song in the album that they wrote without any outside writers.
Story Behind The Song
The country trio, comprised of Kimberly, Reid, and Neil Perry siblings, is obviously a tight-knit group. And the woman who rules the roost is no other than their mother, Marie – who obviously inspired “Mother Like Mine.”
“That was the most honest song we wrote for Pioneer,” Kimberly Perry said about the song, which comes with sentimental lyrics that include anybody who believes that their mother makes the world a better place.
It came to the trio while they were going through some song ideas, and then Neil shared to them a line he wrote on his phone. It said, “If the world had a mother like mine.”
This made the group think about what the world would be like if only it was raised like how their mother raised them. Perhaps the wars would all be over, and we’d all be walking on grass that’s greener, don’t you think?
“Our mother is our personal hero. We are her labor of love. It’s our honor to our mother on Pioneer,” Kimberly added.
Surely, Mama Perry is the real deal. Make sure to listen to “Mother Like Mine” by The Band Perry in the video below.
The Band Perry
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton