Whether this song is about his marriage or not, it is always amazing to know about the artists’ lives through their songs.
Well I recall the first time
That I flirted with you dear
When I jokingly
said Come and be my bride
Now that time has turned the pages
It’s the sweetest joke on earth
That I have you here
Forever by my side
The theme of the song is actually something a lot of people can relate to, especially men. It tells a story of how much effort you exert to win someone’s heart.
And when you triumph, another challenge appears. That is, how can you make your loved one stay with you forever? Jackson excellently portrayed the struggle of people who are married.
What does it take to make someone not angry? To have them smile all the time because you can’t afford to lose them. You spend most of your time winning his or her heart so you definitely would not want to waste that.
Jackson’s Complicated History with the Grand Ole Opry
This song a hit back in the ’60s. It reached No. 4 on the country chart. After Jackson’s successful run, he got inducted into the Grand Ole Opry.
He was actually the first artist to be inducted into the Opry even without obtaining a recording contract. The Opry sure does respect the singer.
But after years of performing in the Opry, Jackson sued them. He claimed that there was age discrimination that was happening. He added that it was the general manager who prohibited him from performing in the Opry.
It was then settled in the court. The singer won the case and the Opry paid him an undisclosed amount. He was also reinstated and started performing in the Opry again.
To listen to the song, watch here:
classic hit, dont be angry, marriage, Stonewall Jackson
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?