Do you believe that there is somebody bigger than you and I? Do you think that there is someone out there who has control of everything? When we take time to think about it, it is impossible that there is no one out there who has created everything in this world. It is impossible that all the trees just sprouted out and grew by themselves. There is surely somebody who’s greater than us, and without Him, we wouldn’t be here.
“Somebody Bigger Than You and I”
The gospel song “Somebody Bigger Than You and I” is a Christian song that will remind us that we are not the center of everything. We are the creation of someone great, someone who’s able to save us.
“Somebody Bigger Than You and I” was written in 1960 by Johnny Lange, Hy Heath, and Sonny Burke. This song has been covered numerous times, and now, it is a standard gospel song.
Some known versions of “Somebody Bigger Than You and I” were from Mahalia Jackson, Whitney Houston, and many more. Of course, as usual, the King of Rock and Roll who covers gospel songs included this on his album How Great Thou Art.
Elvis Presley’s Cover
Elvis Presley released his rendition of “Somebody Bigger Than You and I” on his ninth studio album. Presley was very meticulous when choosing songs for his album. There were many songs that he rejected before finally choosing which one he wanted to record.
How Great Thou Art Performance
None of the songs in his album were released as a single. Therefore, it wasn’t able to secure a spot on the Billboard chart. However, his album placed at number eighteen on the Billboard 200. In addition, the album has sold three million copies, and now it’s platinum-certified by RIAA.
Come and listen to Elvis Presley’s heartwarming cover of “Somebody Bigger Than You and I.”
Elvis Presley, how great thou art, Somebody Bigger Than You and I
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance