Shania Twain is one of the country’s best artists. She is referred to as the “Queen of Country Pop.” She has great influence with her released hit singles and albums. With this, she belongs to one of the best-selling music artists of all time. All throughout her musical career, she has already received 5 Grammy Awards and 27 BMI Songwriter Awards. She also became a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame and Holly Walk of Fame.
She has been inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. Today, let us take a look back at one of her hit singles “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl.”
“Who’ Gonna Be Your Girl”
It is a mournful ballad song inspired by Shania Twain’s divorce from her husband Robert “Mutt Lange.”
Talking about the song, Shania said,
“It’s about feeling unappreciated and knowing that you are secondary,” she added, “Having to live with someone that has different priorities and accepting that you’re not the most important thing in a person’s life.”
When you need to find yourself without me
I’ll keep the light on in my heart
Just in case you stop to think about me in
In the dark
You don’t want nothing good to last
You fill up the fire in your glass
The lyrics mentioned above showed what a heartbreak brings into someone’s life. In the first place, everyone enters a relationship because of love but sometimes the love given by our partner is not enough to stay in that relationship because it has lots of hatred. We all know that in the first stage of a relationship, everything seems to be fine but as time passes you will eventually see the true colors of the person.
Listen to Shania Twain’s “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl” here:
shania twain, Who's Gonna Be Your Girl
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?