Shania Twain is one of the country’s best artists. She is referred to as the “Queen of Country Pop.” She has great influence with her released hit singles and albums. With this, she belongs to one of the best-selling music artists of all time. All throughout her musical career, she has already received 5 Grammy Awards and 27 BMI Songwriter Awards. She also became a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame and Holly Walk of Fame.
She has been inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame. Today, let us take a look back at one of her hit singles “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl.”
“Who’ Gonna Be Your Girl”
It is a mournful ballad song inspired by Shania Twain’s divorce from her husband Robert “Mutt Lange.”
Talking about the song, Shania said,
“It’s about feeling unappreciated and knowing that you are secondary,” she added, “Having to live with someone that has different priorities and accepting that you’re not the most important thing in a person’s life.”
When you need to find yourself without me
I’ll keep the light on in my heart
Just in case you stop to think about me in
In the dark
You don’t want nothing good to last
You fill up the fire in your glass
The lyrics mentioned above showed what a heartbreak brings into someone’s life. In the first place, everyone enters a relationship because of love but sometimes the love given by our partner is not enough to stay in that relationship because it has lots of hatred. We all know that in the first stage of a relationship, everything seems to be fine but as time passes you will eventually see the true colors of the person.
Listen to Shania Twain’s “Who’s Gonna Be Your Girl” here:
shania twain, Who's Gonna Be Your Girl
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Another Jaw-Dropping Performance by Merle Haggards’ Sons
- Fans Coming Up To Chris Young With Tears In Their Eyes After Listening to “Drowning”
- “Down to the River to Pray:” The Perfect Song for the Movie O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?