When it comes to songs that tell a story, Randy Travis and his music catalog would not be left behind. Famous for his ballads such as Forever and Ever, Amen, monster hit ‘I Told You So,’ and gospels such as ‘On the Other Hand,’ you could not just box a Randy Travis to a single Amazing Grace and his song, ‘Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man’ proves so much of Randy Travis as a megahit country artist. Just when you thought you had his discography figured out, listen to all his songs and you’ll see that Travis is a disciple of storytelling when it comes to performing his songs.
Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man, Randy Travis
Going back to some Randy Travis music is particularly nostalgic especially now that a Randy Travis new music is quite unsure because of the singer’s health. In Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man, the song tells about the decisions of a boy that he must make in his life on two opposing forces which are his whims or actually manning up and standing on his feet with integrity and good faith following his girlfriend breaking the news of the pregnancy.
In 2011 interview, Glen Burtnik, the writer of the said song shared how the song was conceived:
“I’d been dragging the initial idea around for a couple of years and finally wrote the tune with Trey Bruce. My publisher, Warner Chappell music didn’t care for it. Trey got it to Mark Collie, who released it (on Giant Records), the producer of which liked it and a couple of years later recorded Randy Travis’s version. My biggest country hit. I’m proud of that one. Publishers are apparently useless.”
Well, thanks to the hard work of Glen Burtnik the same writer of ‘Sometimes Love is Just Ain’t Enough,’ this song with immense lesson would not have been published.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”