When it comes to songs that tell a story, Randy Travis and his music catalog would not be left behind. Famous for his ballads such as Forever and Ever, Amen, monster hit ‘I Told You So,’ and gospels such as ‘On the Other Hand,’ you could not just box a Randy Travis to a single Amazing Grace and his song, ‘Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man’ proves so much of Randy Travis as a megahit country artist. Just when you thought you had his discography figured out, listen to all his songs and you’ll see that Travis is a disciple of storytelling when it comes to performing his songs.
Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man, Randy Travis
Going back to some Randy Travis music is particularly nostalgic especially now that a Randy Travis new music is quite unsure because of the singer’s health. In Spirit of a Boy, Wisdom of a Man, the song tells about the decisions of a boy that he must make in his life on two opposing forces which are his whims or actually manning up and standing on his feet with integrity and good faith following his girlfriend breaking the news of the pregnancy.
In 2011 interview, Glen Burtnik, the writer of the said song shared how the song was conceived:
“I’d been dragging the initial idea around for a couple of years and finally wrote the tune with Trey Bruce. My publisher, Warner Chappell music didn’t care for it. Trey got it to Mark Collie, who released it (on Giant Records), the producer of which liked it and a couple of years later recorded Randy Travis’s version. My biggest country hit. I’m proud of that one. Publishers are apparently useless.”
Well, thanks to the hard work of Glen Burtnik the same writer of ‘Sometimes Love is Just Ain’t Enough,’ this song with immense lesson would not have been published.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Watch Loretta Lynn Sing Conway Twitty’s “Hello Darlin’”
- Bobbie Gentry Comes Back with New Music After 37 Years
- Toby Keith and Wife Tricia Lucus: A Love Built On The Ground
- Walker Hayes’ ‘Fancy Like’ Has Him A Little Baffled By Its Success
- Norma Strait: Facts You Need to Know About George Strait’s Spouse