Randy Travis announces that he will release his new book. It’s called “Forever and Ever, Amen: A Memoir of Music, Faith, and Braving the Storms of Life.”
The country music superstar opens up for the first time about the contents of his memoir. The chapters would detail about his troubled working-class childhood in North Carolina. It would also touch base on his difficult relationship with his father, highlighted by drinking and stealing cars. It was then that he would talk about how country music helped him escape that turbulent situation.
Travis would also write about the success of his music career and countless accomplishments. He became one of the leading superstars of Country in the 1980s and 1990s. Travis has had a string of hits that include “Digging up Bones,” On the Other Hand,” and “Forever and Ever, Amen.”
His Thoughts on the Memoir
He spills more in a press release about the book:
“I didn’t really feel I had a book to write until I stood on the distant shore and looked back over the ripples my life has made — on myself and on others. My songs were the stories of my life and I learned from those who listened, they were theirs too — my fans inspired me and continue to do so. I learned a lot about myself going back through the chronicles of my past. In my waning years of ability I have a clearer picture of the past. It’s an interesting game of patience to sit and wait for the clocks of time to expose so much. As the candle burns, it is time to share the history that made me who I am, tell the backstory to some of my songs, give insight to the challenges I faced, and reflect on the blessings through it all.”
“Forever and Ever Amen: A Memoir of Music, Faith and Braving the Storms of Life” will hit the shelves on the 14th of May, 2019. It is already available for pre-order on Amazon.
Forever And Ever Amen, Randy Travis
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Dwight Yoakam and wife Emily Joyce: The Secret Love Story
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love