Interestingly, Kane Brown’s “Heaven” came through the floor.
Well, it actually happened at a writing retreat. While Brown was working on his song, “What’s Mine Is Yours,” he heard a romantic slow jam that he could easily relate to. It was “drifting up through the floor from where someone was writing downstairs,” Brown said. So, he headed downstairs to check out who it was.
There he found Nashville songwriters Shy Carter, Matt McGinn, and Lindsay Rimes, joining forces to work on “Heaven.” When Carter began singing the song to him, the romantic, sentimental lyric just really hit him, making him think of his fiancée-now-wife, Katelyn Jae.
The dreamy song tells the tale of a man’s perfect romance with the woman he loves, whom he believes is an angel sent to this world. It is accompanied by a music video wherein the country superstar can be seen performing the song in a room lit with several different candles – making things even more romantic.
Kane Brown released “Heaven” in 2017 as the third single of his re-release self-titled debut album – a deluxe edition that features four more tracks. In addition to “Heaven,” there’s also his duet with Chris Young, “Setting the Night on Fire,” and the very song he wrote during that writers’ retreat, “What’s Mine Is Yours.”
A few months later, “Heaven” became the No. 1 song on Billboard’s Country Airplay and it reached No. 2 on Billboard’s US Hot Country Songs charts in the United States.
And what’s even more impressive was that in 2020, the single earned six times platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) after selling and gaining streaming equivalent units of more than six million units.
Indeed, Brown has come a long way ever since he started posting homemade videos of himself singing country songs by Alan Jackson, George Strait, Randy Travis, and other singers. He has now made a name for himself and has become a worldwide phenomenon.
Listen to Kane Brown’s “Heaven” in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce