“Please Don’t Stop Loving Me” is a classic country song recorded by the duo Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton in 1974. It has the same title as Elvis Presley‘s song “Please Don’t Stop Loving Me,” but they’re different.
“Please Don’t Stop Loving Me”
When you build your whole world around one person, it’s never going to be easy when the relationship ends. The other person has become a part of you that when taken away, feels like taking half of who you are. Parton and Wagoner’s song gives us a story of two people who are deeply in love with each other. They made each other their world that when taken away, it’s difficult to live.
Please, please don’t stop loving me
For I couldn’t live with you gone
Maybe when you find your better half, then you’ll surely understand what it feels like to fall deeply in love with someone else.
You’re my inspiration, my purpose in life
When things go all wrong, you make them all right
I would be useless if you ever leave
So please, oh please don’t stop loving me
First No. 1 of Dolly Parton and Porter Wagoner
Despite being duet partners for seven years, Parton and Wagoner never had a number one song on the country chart. Most of the songs they released may have entered the chart and became a hit, but it never placed at the top. However, they finally achieved their first number one in 1974 when they released their single “Please Don’t Stop Loving Me.”
Porter ‘n’ Dolly
The song was penned by both for their eleventh studio album Porter ‘n’ Dolly. Their album also performed well on the country chart, as it placed at number eight.
After which, the two still had songs on the top ten of the country chart.
Dolly Parton, Please Don't Stop Loving Me, porter wagoner
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Is the Relationship of Tim McGraw and Faith Hill Heading to a Hefty Divorce?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait