Are you all excited for this year’s winner of ACM’s Song of the Year? We are all excited to know who brought home the award. However, before we announce the winner, let’s take a look at the winner last year.
Last Year’s Winner of ACM Song of the Year
Last year, Miranda Lambert‘s “Tin Man” won the ACM’s Song of the Year. She competed with Keith Urban, Sam Hunt, and Chris Stapleton. She was the only female nominated in the group, and she took home the award. What a great achievement!
This year, the nominees for Song of the Year are:
Cole Swindell, “Break Up in the End”
Chris Stapleton, “Broken Halos”
Bebe Rexha featuring Florida Georgia Line, “Meant to Be”
Kacey Musgraves, “Space Cowboy”
Dan + Shay, “Tequila”
Russell Dickerson, “Yours”
Among the nominees, it was only Stapleton who was nominated last year. Most of the nominees were new on the category. He is also one of the artists who have the most nomination on this year’s ACM award show.
Song of the Year Category
Song of the Year is one of the biggest awards given in the ACM Award Show. It is a category that honors the songwriters who wrote the wonderful songs we listen to.
Who do you think got the award?
This year’s Song of the Year goes to the songwriters of “Tequila.” This is one of the duo’s best song in their career. It was penned by Dan Smyers, Nicolle Galyon, and Jordan Reynolds. “Tequila” was their first song to enter the Billboard Hot Country chart at number one. Furthermore, it is their highest charting song on the pop chart.
Aside from winning this year’s Song of the Year, the duo also took home Song of the Year for “Tequila.”
What do you think? Did you bet on Dan + Shay to win? Or, were you rooting for another artist to win?
ACM, Dan + Shay, Song of the Year
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- Josh Turner Honors Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen Cover
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Meet Summer Duncan, Jon Pardi’s Girlfriend and Bride To Be