Any person who is invested in make-up, beauty, and skin care is familiar with one of its sacred cardinal rules: once the day is over, take off your make up and wash your face before you go to bed.
This is recommended because in doing so, it removes any residual pigments, dirt, and oils that have accumulated on your face throughout the day and would keep all that weird gunk from settling into your pores. Thus, a lot of people follow this cardinal rule religiously.
Apparently, our queen Dolly Parton isn’t one of the people who follows this. Then again, Dolly isn’t most people either!
Wait, Dolly Parton Sleeps With Make-Up On?
In an interview with the New York Times, Parton gets candid on her being a business mogul, her career, beauty regimen and why she prefers to be full-faced when she goes to bed.
Her reason? To be ready, of course. On the event of an emergency, the country songstress would be ready to go.
“You never know if you’re going to wreck the [tour] bus, you never know if you’re going to be somewhere in a hotel and there’s going to be a fire. So I leave my makeup on at night and clean my face in the morning.”
Although to her defense, she does clean her face in the morning. It’s just that she prefers to go to bed in a full face of make-up. Parton follows this rule no matter what. And only Carl Dean, Parton’s husband, is one of the few people who has gotten to see her not all dolled up.
To us normal folks, however, this isn’t something that should be done. Gary Goldenberg, MD, assistant clinical professor of dermatology at that Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital says that
“Sleeping in your makeup is one of the worst things you can do for your skin. Makeup occludes pores and can cause acne. Bacteria, dirt, and environmental pollutants can get trapped under makeup and do serious damage to your skin, including skin infection.”
So, unless you’re queen Dolly Parton, this is a no deal!
Celebrity, Dolly Parton, Make-up
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance