Every one of us has a place where our career began. As for Tyler Childers, it was a year after his breakthrough album “Purgatory” he was able to win the Emerging Artist of the Year from Americana Music Honors & Awards. Read more to get to know him.
Getting to Know Tyler Childers
Tyler Childers was born on June 21, 1991. He was reared in the land of Lawrence Country, Kentucky. At the age of 13, he began to play the guitar and write songs of his own. In 2009, he graduated in Paintsville High School. After graduation, he studied for a semester at Western Kentucky University. Then, enrolled at Bluegrass Community Technical College. He dropped out of college and worked for some time while pursuing a music career.
His Music Career
His music is a mix of bluegrass, folk, and country. He released his first album at the age of 19 entitled “Bottles and Bibles.” This album peaked at number 5 on Heatseekers Albums. With his album “Purgatory,” he had his first success. It was released on August 2017 and debuted at number one on Billboard’s Heatseekers Albums Chart.
His latest album was released last May 2019 with the title “House Fire.” At present, he is preparing for his upcoming tour that will start in October and end in December. He’d be going around the state from Oklahoma to New York. For the complete tour schedule, you may check Childer’s Official Facebook Page.
Best of his Two Albums
Here are two of his songs from his different albums that peaked at number 1. The first one is “Purgatory”.
This second song is entitled “All Your’n” from his newest album released on August 2, 2019, Country Squire.
Don’t want to miss out country updates?
get to know, tyler childers
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend