Sales and streams of Morgan Wallen’s second studio album, Dangerous: The Double Album, keeps on soaring. The record has officially topped the Billboard 200 chart for nine consecutive weeks ever since it debuted on the top of the list.
This means Morgan Wallen is now the record holder for the most weeks at No. 1 since 2016, snatching the victory from the Canadian rapper Drake – whose fourth studio album, Views, spent 13 nonconsecutive weeks atop.
Dangerous: The Double Album is also now one of the only four country albums to make it to the Billboard 200 for nine weeks ever since the chart started publishing every week in 1956. Wallen is joining the calibers of country superstars Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and Taylor Swift.
The success of Wallen’s sophomore album proves that the country singer is someone who can’t be canceled easily. On February 2, just about a month after releasing his album, TMZ published a video of Wallen using the racial slur in front of his home in Nashville.
His record label – Big Loud – as well as his booking agent, suspended his contract for an indefinite period of time. Wallen was also booted from country radio’s biggest companies and different streaming platforms’ playlists.
Even the Academy of Country Music revealed that Wallen will no longer be eligible for the forthcoming 56th ACM Awards and will not be invited to take part in the show.
Wallen has since remained silent following the release of his official apology a few days after his controversial video surfaced, where he took ownership of his mistake, entirely accepted any penalties he’s facing, and told his fans not to defend him.
“The time of my return is solely upon me and the work I put in,” Wallen said.
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble