The Song Came from her Timeless Album
McBride covered the song for her Timeless album, which included all classic songs in country music. Part of her album were singles from Tammy Wynette, Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, and more. It is a compilation of 18 songs you will surely enjoy. Some were recorded with another artist, while other tracks were recorded solo by McBride. Since she gave a wonderful and stunning work to the public, it reached the top of the Billboard Country Albums chart. In addition, the album also sat at the number 3 spot of the Billboard 200.
McBride bravely released her rendition of “Rose Garden” as a single from her album. Surprisingly people did enjoy her version. It was able to secure a spot on the top 20 of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, and it sat at number 98 on the Hot 100 chart. McBride’s version made an appearance on Brazil’s music charts too.
Even if Anderson owns the songs, we can say that McBride did an amazing cover of it. She kept the original melody of it but added her own magic into the song.
Martina McBride wonderfully sang the song that gave Lynn Anderson a boost in her career.
Here is Martina McBride’s version:
“Rose Garden” has been popularized by the country singer Lynn Anderson. She made it her signature song, that when it is heard by many it is quickly associated with her. However, the song was originally by Billy Joe Royal but his version was overshadowed by Anderson.
Anderson was pushed to the spotlight because of this song, giving her a lot of awards and spots on the chart in and outside of the US.
Check out Lynn Anderson’s version of the song:
Lynn Anderson, Martina McBride, Rose Garden
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?