Whenever you ask any country fan to name their favorite country songs, chances are they’ll eventually end up naming Trace Adkins’ “Honkytonk Badonkadonk.” The song was released as the final single off his 2005 album, Songs About Me, and it turned out to be a pop crossover hit for Adkins.
It reached the top 40 on both Billboard Hot 100 and Pop 100 charts, marking Adkins’ first entry to the charts’ top 40 hits. It also peaked at No. 2 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
Story Behind The Song
Written by the country songwriters Dallas Davidson, Jamey Johnson, and Randy Houser, “Honkytonk Badonkadonk” is your ultimate party song. The moment it starts playing on the radio, you can’t help but groove to it.
According to Johnson, the song came while the trio were having a great time at Nashville’s Wild Horse Saloon. He laughingly recalled the three of them as “poor songwriters” who’d hang out at the bar to get some free beer.
Then they started to notice a girl dancing on the floor with such big buttocks – that it seemed like someone “stuffed a beach ball in her pants.” But what makes her interesting is that she was dancing like nobody’s watching. She just didn’t care about the world – though she’s drunk and wasted, she was having the time of her life.
It was then that those three songwriters began throwing one-liners and out of nowhere came “badonkadonk” – which they knew they had to write in a song right then and there.
Johnson, Houser, and Davidson completed the song in just about one hour, but half of it was spent laughing. “And it turned out to be the best damn joke any of us had ever told,” Johnson said, and also one the biggest Trace Adkins hits.
You can play the video below to listen to “Honkytonk Badonkadonk” by Trace Adkins.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton