Martina McBride has always made beautiful country songs with good messages. Her 2002 “Concrete Angel” talks about sexual abuse. Some of her other remarkable hits include “Independence Day” and “This One’s for the Girls.”
This time, she worked with Barry Dean and Tom Douglas to create a beautiful track. It was released back in 2003 under her Martina Album. The track peaked only at no. 85 on the Billboard charts but the message behind it is more important.
Behind Martina McBride’s “God’s Will”
This track was inspired by songwriter, Tom Douglas’ daughter who was born with special needs. People born with special needs are rarely represented by the media and this song really helps them share their experience. In an interview, Barry Dean explains the inspiration behind “God’s Will:”
“It’s actually torn out of my journal, and Tom Douglas helped to shape all of that. This was one of the first songs that cemented for me the idea that I was going to have to be a hard writer. If it was funny, I was going to do what I thought was funny, and if it was serious, I would be serious. I would write more from the heart than the head.”
About the Song
The track really makes a great point about how we should look at our brothers and sister with love. Oftentimes, society treats those that are ‘different’ with disgust and that should not be the case. They are people who were also made by God and as such we should love them like how we love ourselves.
We are all made by God and we should not discriminate because such an act only causes more hate. When we see someone with special needs, we must accept them and treat them equally because that is how God sees us.
Listen to Martina McBride’s song here:
god's will, Martina McBride, songs for people with special needs
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids